Vonage VOIP Phone Service is simple revolutionary low-cost .
Vonage VOIP Phone Service is simple and ready for you!
Note: This international rate calculator was accurate as of. Vonage rates only reflect calls to landline phones. Calls to mobile phones may have higher rates. Landline provider rates may have changed since the last update. However, this tool gives a good representation of expected savings with Vonage phone service.
To get the best experience from your Vonage service, you’ll need the following items.
- A high speed internet connection (cable, DSL, or satelite) – Vonage does not provide this service.
- Any phone as long as it’s touch-tone.
- A Vonage phone adapter, which connects to your high speed internet connection.
- A web browser to access and modify features within your Vonage account.
- A qualified Vonage account and plan.
- A United States or Puerto Rico address.
- A willingness to spend less money on your phone bill.
The Vonage Extensions App’s Mobile Inbound Calling functionality received recognition in the 2015 TMC INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award competition. The Awards recognize and honor companies that have developed exceptional VoIP and IP Communications products and services.
How Does Vonage Work?
Vonage routes your phone calls over the Internet using Voice over Internet Protocol, rather than telephone lines. But even though your phone uses the Internet, it has nothing to do with your computer. In fact, your computer doesn’t have to be on to use Vonage. The people you call don’t need to have Vonage or the Internet to get your call – just a phone. And when someone calls you, your phone rings as usual. Setup is easy. Just connect the Vonage adapter to your high-speed Internet and connect your telephone to the adapter.
Getting Started with Vonage
You only need a few simple things to be able to use Vonage.
- A high-speed internet connection, the faster the better. Test your internet connection !
- A United States or Puerto Rico address.
- A free Vonage phone adapter which will be provided at no charge when you sign up.
- A cordless or corded touch-tone phone
- Get Started Now!
Frequently Asked Questions about Vonage
Please take a few moments to get up to speed on some commonly asked questions about Vonage phone service. A more comprehensive list of commonly asked questions can be found here.
Can I keep my existing phone number with Vonage service?
In most cases, when switching over to Vonage, you can keep your existing phone number, regardless of who your previous phone company was. To ensure that you can keep your existing number, double check by entering your area code and prefix on the availability page during sign up.
What are the requirements for Vonage service?
To set up and enjoy Vonage in your home or office you need the following things:
- A high-speed internet connection such as cable or DSL
- Any phone as long as it’s touch-tone
- United States or Puerto Rico address
- A Vonage phone adapter which will be sent to you free
- A willingness to spend less money on your phone bill ;o). You will receive your Vonage hardware in 5 business days or less after signing up. To get started, all you need to do is hook up you phone to the internet using the adapter. From there, pick up the phone and start making calls.
Can I use the Internet while I’m using the phone?
Absolutely. Luckily your internet cable can carry much more data than you use at once. This leaves plenty of extra space for Vonage. If you are downloading heavy amounts of data, it is possible that the quality of Vonage will be slightly diminished. To solve this you can configure downloads to use minimum bandwidth when you are on the phone. Customers are extremely satisfied with the quality and clarity of Vonage.
Does Vonage work when my computer is turned off?
Yes. Vonage functions normally even if you computer is turned off. Vonage does use the internet, but making calls does not use your computer. The Vonage adapter will do all the work. Just hook it up to your modem and Vonage can access the internet directly.
What is the phone adapter?
The adapter is the connection between your internet and your land line phone. When you sign up with Vonage, one is sent to you in the mail. For more information please click on the link for the Vonage Phone Adapter.
What type of internet service is required for Vonage?
High Speed Internet connections such as Cable, DSL, Fios, Satellite (90kbps upload and download speed required), Fiber Optic will all work with Vonage.