The UT Dallas MBA Program
The 53-credit hour UT Dallas MBA combines a robust core with the option of adding a joint MS degree allowing you to receive an education that is consistent with what top employers expect. Highlights of the degree include:
- 5 flexible formats—Full-Time Cohort, Professional Evening Cohort, Professional Flex, Professional Online and Executive MBA.
- 14 joint MS/MBA degree options (5 of which are STEM designated programs).
- 15 MBA concentrations with more than 200 elective courses.
- Nationally top-ranked programs:
- Our Full-Time MBA is
- No. 12 among U.S. public university programs according to Bloomberg Businessweek (2016) and
- No. 16 (tied) among U.S. public university programs according to US News World Report (2017)
- Our Professional MBA is
- No. 7 among Best Online MBA Programs, U.S. News World Report (2017) and has also been ranked
- No. 16 among U.S. public university programs according to U.S. News World Report (2017) and has also been ranked
- Our Full-Time MBA is
- Widespread alumni network with approximately 40,000 Jindal alumni nationally and 4,700 MBA alumni in Texas.
- Access to the Career Management Center for all MBA students—Full-Time and Executive MBA students also have a dedicated program career coach.
- 90% placement rate for Full-Time MBA Program with recent placements at Amazon, Chick-fil-A, Deloitte, Intel Security, Proctor Gamble, SpaceX, TI and Toyota.
- Multiple experiential learning courses across a variety of functional areas.
- Competitive tuition pricing with generous scholarships that may provide in-state tuition.
To learn more about our MBA Programs register for an upcoming admission event or request information on your program of choice.
- Connect with the Director
- MBA Formats
- Degree Plan
- MBA Program Contacts
- Joint MS/MBA Program
- Transfer Credits
Connect with the Director
How exciting that you are considering earning your MBA. This journey was rewarding in itself and pivotal in my career development. It took me beyond the point of questioning my ability to allowing me to feel accomplished and confident.
At UT Dallas, your MBA experience is tailored to your unique interests and career objectives. Networking, career development, alumni and faculty engagement opportunities are strategically integrated throughout our programs.
We are confident you will quickly understand why the MBA program from UT Dallas is much more than a degree. I encourage you to take a few minutes, get to know us and find your place within the company of smart people.
Lisa Shatz Assistant Dean, MBA Programs
MBA Program Prerequisites
Professional MBA Program Business calculus, or the equivalent. Students who have not satisfied this requirement may be admitted but will need to satisfy the prerequisite within the first semester of UT Dallas class work, by taking OPRE 6303 (Quantitative Foundations of Business). Degree credit is not earned for program prerequisites, although all grades earned in graduate courses impact the cumulative GPA. Please contact the MBA Program Office to see if you qualify for a waiver.
The Full-Time MBA Program and Executive MBA Programs do not require any prerequisites.
Business Core Courses
- MECO 6303 Business Economics
- ACCT 6301 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- FIN 6301 Financial Management
- ACCT 6202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- OPRE 6302 Operations Managements
- OPRE 6301 Quantitative Introduction to Risk and Uncertainty in Business
The degree plan also includes 23 semester credit hours of elective courses for students to choose as part of their program.
MBA Program Contacts
Joint MS/MBA Program
The joint MS/MBA program affords students the opportunity to develop a technical specialization in a business discipline by completing a specialized MS degree in combination with the comprehensive business management education provided with the MBA degree.
- An undergraduate business degree is not required.
- Full-Time MBA, Professional Evening Cohort, and Executive MBA students should contact their program office for information on how to apply to one of our joint programs.
- Professional Flex or Professional Online students should apply to the Joint MS/MBA program and also meet with an academic advisor.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in their core courses, as well as cumulative GPA for both degrees to qualify for degree award.
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements for both degree programs to gain admission to any of the Joint MS/MBA degree programs.
Transfer credits may be granted for equivalent graduate coursework taken at other universities with a grade of “B” or better within the past six years. Undergraduate coursework will not be considered for graduate course credit. Up to 12 semester credit hours of coursework from other universities may be used to transfer credit to the Professional Flex or Professional Online MBA degree program.
The Full-Time MBA and Professional MBA Evening Cohort programs only allow 6 elective semester credit hours to be transferred into the program.
Consult the UT Dallas Graduate Catalog for further details. Applications for approval of waivers and transfers may be obtained from and submitted to the JSOM Advising Office .
Waivers of Core Courses
Waivers of program core requirements may be granted in recognition of previous coursework completed with a grade of “B” or better within the past six years in a specific business program area. This allows a student to skip a core course in their degree plan and take a higher-level course in the same academic area meeting the core requirement with no reduction in the program credit-hour requirements. Up to 12 hours of coursework from other universities may be used to waive core courses in the Professional MBA Flex and Online programs. The Full-Time MBA and Professional MBA Evening Cohort programs do not allow waivers of program core requirements.