The Hanover Insurance Group Homeowner’s Policy Review
By Janet Hunt. Insurance Company Reviews Expert
Janet Hunt has been working in the insurance industry for over 15 years. She began her career as a customer service representative for a well-known insurance carrier.
Continue Reading Below
The Hanover Insurance Group is one of the top 25 property casualty insurers in the United States and offers a variety of Property Casualty insurance products including personal lines, commercial lines and specialized insurance products through a network of over 5,000 independent insurance agents. The company headquarters is located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Financial Strength and Customer Service Ratings
The Hanover is a financially sound insurance company with a long history of excellence in customer service going back to the days of the Great Chicago Fire in 1871 when the company was praised for having met all claims obligations.
The A.M. Best rating organization gives Hanover a rating of “A” Excellent. The S P rating is “A-“, while the Moody’s rating is “A3.” The company is a Better Business Bureau accredited business with an “A ” rating. The Hanover Insurance Group is also one of the top-ranking companies in the area of customer satisfaction by J.D. Powers Associates. Forbes named The Hanover Insurance Group one of America’s most trustworthy companies in 2012.
Homeowner s Policy
You can buy a homeowner’s policy from The Hanover Insurance Group through one of its local agents.
Continue Reading Below
They have five different choices of homeowner’s policies (Coverage and limits vary by states). Some of the extras include guaranteed insurance renewal (not available in all states) and mortgage extra expense. This helps to reimburse you for additional costs such as a higher mortgage interest rate if you suffer a total loss to your home. Here are the types of homeowner’s policies offered by The Hanover Insurance Group:
- Basic Policy. With The Hanover Insurance Group basic homeowner’s policy you are covered for replacement cost up to the value of your dwelling, other structures (tool sheds, garages), personal belongings (appliances, clothing, furniture), liability claims for bodily injury and property damage as well as medical payments for injuries to others on your property. This coverage does not apply to members of your own household.
- Multiple Policy Discount
- Single Loss Deductible (Example: If you have damage to both a covered home and auto, there is only one deductible)
- New Home Discount
- No Claims Discount
- Superior Construction Discount
- Safety and Security Devices
- Renewal Credits
Pros and Cons
- Financially Sound
- Excellent Customer Service Record
- Generous Discounts