Camping in Springbrook National Park
- There is one camping area, The Settlement. Camping permits are required and fees apply. A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your campsite.
- A QldParks-Wifi hotspot is available to help you book, extend your camping, check park information and access related websites. The QldPark-Wifi hotspot is located at the Springbrook National Park Information Centre that is located on Old School Road, 2.7km south of The Settlement camping area. All users are obliged to read terms and conditions first and follow them.
- Bush camping is not permitted in Springbrook National Park.
- See frequently asked questions about camping in Springbrook National Park.
- Read more about staying safe and looking after the park .
The Settlement camping area
The Settlement camping area entry, Springbrook National Park. Photo: Tanya Sweeney, Queensland Government.
Photo: Tanya Sweeney, Queensland Government.
The Settlement camping area is the only camping area in Springbrook National Park. Travelling up from the Gold Coast, turn left off the Springbrook Road at the Springbrook Public Hall into Carricks Road and follow the signs. The camping area is on the right. It allows tent camping beside your car in well-defined sites. Space for camper trailers and campervans is available.
The camping area is linked by a short walking track to the top of Purling Brook Falls. This walking track links up to the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk.
Location: Carricks Road, Springbrook National Park.
Access: Conventional vehicle.
Number of sites: 11 well-defined, numbered sites.
Camp sites are suitable for: Tents, camper trailers and campervans. Each camp site has a well grassed area approximately 10m in diameter and an individual parking bay. Camp sites are not suitable for caravans.
- Sites 1 to 4 have longer parking bays (approx. 10m x 4.2m) that could accommodate a camper trailer however the grassed area is partially separated from the parking bay by bollards.
- Sites 5 to 11 are for tent-based camping only.
Camp site surface: Soil and grassed areas with gravel parking bays.
Facilities: Toilets, drinking water and a cooking shelter with free electric barbecues. Please note that showers are not provided. Across Carricks Road is a large open recreation area, information shelter, picnic facilities and additional toilets.
Open fires: Prohibited. Fuel stoves recommended.
Generators: Not permitted.
Essentials: Rubbish bags and sun protection. Read more about things to know before you go .
Bookings: Bookings are essential and are required well in advance for holiday periods. Book online or by phone .
Mobile phone coverage: Poor; coverage is generally available from lookouts where you can see the Gold Coast.
Last updated 21 October 2016