Recovery Coach, Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery
The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR) is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks which organizes recovering individuals, families and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
The MOAR Recovery Coach will provide recovery coach services to individuals enrolled in the MOAR Access to Recovery (ATR) program. The coach will interact with participants individually to assist them in services such as housing and employment search in order to build a plan for life in recovery. This is a recurring, open position for multiple persons.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact with participants individually, in person or over the phone, in order to aid in their recovery from addiction;
- Utilize motivational interviewing to build rapport with participants;
- Provide crisis support;
- Assist participants in developing a comprehensive wellness plan, that addresses their goals;
- Provide information on resources that meet the participants’ needs;
- Maintain communication with participants on a weekly basis;
- Accompany participants to meetings in order to enhance their recovery experience (AA, Faith based, criminal justice settings etc);
- Provide stage-appropriate recovery information to individuals enrolled in the program;
- Assist enrollees in connecting with recovery support services.;
- Encourage hope, optimism and healthy lifestyles for enrolled individuals;
- Provide linkages to treatment and other support services;
- Certification from an approved Recovery Coach curriculum;
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of one year continuous abstinence;
- CORI background check.
- Direct knowledge about addiction recovery;
- Lived experience;
- Motivational interviewing skills;
- Ability to maintain up to date records of participants;
- Ability to access and review ATR reports and participant referrals;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population;
- Effective oral, written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Considerable knowledge of the addiction treatment services system and support services;
- Ability to honor ethics and confidentiality.
This position is an ongoing, multi-applicant position that is open year round. We strongly encourage online applications.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Apply by mail to: TSNE MissionWorks, Attn: Employment Manager, NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111; or send by fax to: 617.523.2070.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE and MOAR will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.