RAID Data Recovery
RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks. It is a storage technology which is used to combine multiple disks into a single logical unit. Based on the performance and redundancy data is distributed in one or several ways on these units. The main advantages of using this technology are:
- These drive offers fault tolerance i.e. when any one of the disk drive fails it doesn’t affect the performance of the system
- Has higher protection for data loss as compared to other hard drives
- Overall increases the performance of the PC
Though RAID provides high performance, but it also brings many problems. For ex, you might find it difficult to resize and move partitions in these drives. These drives are also prone to failure due to heat, vibration and firmware’s. At this situation you might need the help of a professional RAID data recovery software to recover your lost data.
Other common reasons for data loss on RAID drives
- Human Mistakes: Mistakes such as accidental deletion, unintentional format is the most common reason for data loss from RAID drives
- Hard Disk Corruption: Whenever a chkdsk tool attempts to fix a RAID disk, the RAID pattern is destroyed and leads to disk corruption resulting in data loss
- Partition Table Corruption: Partition table which stores all the details regarding partitions, if any corruption to this table leads to drive inaccessibility and in turn leads to data loss
- Changing the File System: Any interruption while converting the file system from one to another also leads to severe data loss from the RAID drive
- Other Reasons: Other reasons include software malfunction, OS crash, hardware failure, OS reinstallation and many more
How to recover RAID data after such situations?
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery is an excellent data recovery application to recover data from RAID drives which were either deleted / lost due to any of the above mentioned data loss scenarios. It can also retrieve damaged raid partition. system drive, SSD, pen drive, memory card and other portable devices.The tool recovers data from all types of file system including FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and exFAT and moreover the utility runs on all the latest versions of Windows OS including Windows 7/ Vista / XP / 2003 and Windows 2008.
Note: If you have lost your data from a NAS (Network Attached Storage) box, you will have to disconnect the box from network and connect the drive via USB to a PC which has Yodot Hard Drive Recovery installed. And if you have lost data from a DAS (Direct Attached Storage) array you can install the software to the drive and recover the data directly
Procedure to retrieve data from RAID drive
- Download and install Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software to your computer
- Connect the affected RAID drive to your computer
- Open the software by double clicking on the shortcut or through start menu
- Select “Partition Recovery” or “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery” option to retrieve data from your RAID drive based on the data loss scenario
- The software scans and displays all the drives present and connected, to your computer
- Choose the RAID drive from where data is to be rescued and click on “Next” button
- The tool scans again and displays all the deleted / lost files from the selected RAID drive
- Choose the files and folders which are to be recovered
- Preview the recovered files before saving
- Save the recovered files to your desired location
- If any crash to your RAID drive occurs due to hardware problem, correct the problem before attempting for data recovery
- Don’t install the software on the RAID drive which contains the deleted / lost data
- Also don’t save the rescued files to the same RAID drive from where data is being recovered
- CPU’s, memory and hard disk can be destroyed when exposed to heat. So it is always recommended to store these parts in a cool place
Other Popular Software
Recover and restore deleted photos lost from your digital camera memory card or the images from your Windows PC. The software can recover all popular image types including popular audio and video files.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.