Interested in online social work programs?
Browse through our programs below! We offer online social work programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!
In the US, there are over 59 online schools that offer approximately 86 accredited online social work programs. These accredited online social work schools have approximately 887,619 students enrolled. These online social work colleges have an admission rate of approximately 71%. In other words, 71 out of every 100 applicants receive admission in online social work courses.
These schools offer online social work classes at the following levels:
- Associate’s degree in social work
- Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Master’s degree in social work
- Doctoral degree in social work
- Certificate in social work
Accredited online social work schools offer a variety of online social work programs for students to select from. They offer 10 online social work certificate programs, 13 online social work associate’s degree programs and 19 online social work bachelor’s degree programs. Also, 37 online social work master’s degree programs and 7 online social work doctoral degree programs are offered at these schools.
Of the 887,619 students enrolled in online social work classes, 46% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 54% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online social work programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online social work degree or certificate.
Online social work college graduates can choose from a variety of professions including a social worker, a clinical social worker or a school social worker. And those with social work degrees and certificates can expect to earn a salary in the range of $17,290 to $143,240 per annum. Exact salary will depend on factors such as the exact job, shift timings, or previous work experience. It is interesting to note that while social workers earn $46,220 per annum, on average, clinical social workers earn an average salary of $39,827 and school social workers earn $40,883 per year on average.
Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.
Consider taking social work courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a social work program in your state
Online Social Work Programs Offered
- Ph.D. in Human Services – Self-Directed – Clinical Social Work
- Ph.D. in Human Services – Course-based – Clinical Social Work – The Walden University Online Ph.D. in Human Services – Course-based Clinical Social Work program is the study of social work theories, policies and practices with a focus on researching development and leadership qualities. The Online Ph.D. in Human Services – Course-based Clinical Social Work program can help students to achieve a career in clinical research, consulting, social work evaluation and social program director. The program requires 101-102 credit hours depending on which elective is selected and students must complete a dissertation and four residencies to graduate.
Online Social Work Programs Offered
- PhD – Social and Community Services – The Capella University Online PhD in Social and Community Services program encourages exhaustive research in social work and community issues as well as areas of personal interest o each student. An Online PhD in Social and Community Services degree leads students toward careers in leadership of community service orientated organizations or college faculty positions. This degree requires 120 credit hours of study and a concentration can be added in public policy and management, public health, public administration, homeland security, or fire service administration.
- DSW – General Social Work – The Capella University Online DSW in General Social Work program uses action research, critical thinking, and a combination of theory and practice to increase awareness of social issues. This Online DSW in General Social Work degree assists students seeking leadership positions, high level research positions within the government, faculties positions, and with social service organizations. This degree requires 74 credit hours of study years and students interact with the same group of students through their enrollment, forming a strong professional network.
- PhD – General Advanced Studies in Human Behavior