Online Auto Mechanic Certificate and Certification Programs
Online auto mechanics programs are not meant for people who want to become certified as professional auto mechanics. These programs address technical concepts in a text-based format and are aimed at amateurs who want to work on vehicles as a hobby and at professional mechanics who want to polish their skills in order to get recertified. Students interested in automotive certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) should look for local programs that include a mix of classroom and hands-on learning.
A certificate in automotive technology can usually be earned in six months of study, but students often have up to two years to complete the program. Many programs are delivered completely online, or they combine textbooks with online assessments and exams. Automotive technology courses include vehicle systems, inspection techniques, and engine repair. Tutorial assistance via e-mail or live chat is often available to students. Many programs include sets of tools that are shipped to students, as are textbooks, study guides, and lesson plans.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Aircraft Powerplant Tech
- Airframe Mechanics and Aircraft Maintenance
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Technologies
- Autobody Repair
- Automotive Mechanics
- Avionics Repair and Maintenance
- Diesel Mechanics
- Engine Machinist
- Heavy Vehicle and Truck Tech
- Marine Watercraft Repair and Maintenance
- Motorcycle Repair and Maintenance
- Small Engine Mechanics
- Vehicle Emissions Inspection
Auto Mechanic Certificate Program
Coursework in an online auto mechanic program provides an introduction to automotive diagnosis, repair, and ongoing maintenance. Courses cover inspection procedures on various vehicle systems, including braking, electrical, exhaust, and fuel systems. Inspection techniques for front and rear axles and transmissions are also explored. Courses may also include information on how to disassemble, fix, and rebuild engines.
Course material is appropriate for all levels of automotive knowledge, from novice learners to seasoned automotive professionals. These courses emphasize the procedures for troubleshooting and diagnosing various vehicle systems.
Auto Mechanic Courses
- Introductory courses cover the fundamental concepts of automotive repair including engine parts, tools, and safety procedures.
- An online course in electrical systems provides the student with an introduction to basic automotive circuitry. Topics covered include switches, meters, circuits, batteries, and wiring.
- Students learn about transmission parts, how to inspect and service a vehicle’s transmission, parts of the clutch system, and road testing. Both manual and automatic transmissions are explored in a typical class.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted a 5% increase in employment opportunities for automotive mechanics from 2014-2024 decade. According to the Bureau, the median annual salary for automotive mechanics was $37,850 as of May 2015.
While an online auto mechanic certification will not certify you to become a professional mechanic, amateurs who work on cars as a hobby and professional mechanics looking to brush up on their skills will greatly benefit from what these programs cover, including automotive repair and maintenance.
Next: View Schools
Research the educational and skill requirements needed to become an auto body mechanic, as well as the job description and.
Students interested in pursuing a career as an auto mechanic have several options to choose from in the Sacramento area. Read.
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an automotive mechanic. Get a quick view of the requirements – such.
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an A ?>