New York City Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When you need a lawyer, get the BIG GUNZ TM
Were you in an accident and need a NYC personal injury attorney? A New York City medical malpractice attorney? Michael Gunzburg, P.C. can help you with your case. With virtually 30 years of battle tested litigation experience and a proven track record of million dollar verdicts and settlements behind your case.
We measure our success by the success of our clients.
We also regularly communicate with our clients and provide you with updates on your case as it progresses through the court system. We frequently hear clients tell us at the conclusion of their cases, that they will miss hearing from us so often, and that our communications will leave a void in their lives.
We consider the communication between our office and you pivotal to the successful prosecution and resolution of your case. We regularly return telephone calls from clients within 24 hours, and send out email updates all the time. We listen to you and work to understand your emotional, physical and financial concerns as we develop a legal plan of action to successfully prosecuting your case.
We believe that strong communication between us makes your case even stronger.
We use our communication to strengthen your case and fill in the important voids when needed. We also rely on your statements to emphasize the facts and your entitlement to a successful recovery in court. With 30 years of battle tested experience we stand ready to represent you and put our proven-track record of successful verdicts and settlements behind your case. Here what former clients have said about us on our client reviews page.
On behalf of a family and their infant child who was born brain damaged with Cerebral Palsy when their NYC doctor botched the delivery.
Personal injury settlement during trial for a construction worker who fell 20 feet off a cross beam when his employer failed to provide him with any safety devices and resulted in crush injuries to his hands, back and feet.
Settlement at trial in Manhattan for a 51 year old woman who was struck by a van while crossing the street in the crosswalk with a green light in her favor.
During trial for a 31-year old ironworker who fell 6-8 feet from the 7th floor at 5 Times Square and was saved by his safety harness but sustained traumatic injuries.
Jury Verdict in New York County when 33 year old man slipped and fell on a wet soapy swirl that was created by maintenance cleaner at the JFK International Airport’s Air Train walkway.
Settlement after jury selection for 32 year old newlywed women who became pregnant with breast cancer when her family doctor gave her false assurances.
Jury Verdict in the Bronx for 44 year old Board Certified Pediatrician who was caused to fall on a NYCTA Bus when the driver suddenly, violently, and without warning accelerated the bus.
Mediated settlement in Manhattan for Jeffrey, a 63 year old emergency evacuation executive who was caused to trip and fall on a protruding step.
Jury Verdict in Nassau County where a 54 year old women rear ended in a Van Collision sustained upper back, lower back and knee injuries.
Jury Verdict in New York County in favor of a 29 year old bicyclist who was almost crushed by a New York City Transit Authority Bus.
If you want to put 30 years of battle tested experience and a proven track record of multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements behind your case in the New York City area including Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau, Westchester, and Suffolk Counties, call 646-569-9663 or 800-481-3154 to schedule a free initial consultation or submit your information and questions online .
- Why should I choose your firm?
- With 30 years of experience, we offer you the best personal service available, communicate with you regularly, and strive to get you the best possible outcome on your case.
- What sets us apart?
- We are passionate about the law, and compassionate with our clients. We provide outstanding personal service, regularly communicate with you on your case, and strive to get you the best possible outcome on your case. We believe that strong communication between us makes your case even stronger. We also try to keep you involved in the prosecution of your case to ensure the best possible results. We also measure our success by the success of our clients.
- Do I have a case?
- We generally consider several factors in evaluating your case. These include liability, damages and insurance coverage. Liability is basically what happened and who is responsible. Damages are assessed based on your personal injuries, and economic damages including lost wages, medical expenses and out of pocket expenses. Insurance coverage varies depending upon the type of incident, and the policies that are in effect and apply to your situation. We look at these items as well as many other factors in assessing the likelihood of success on your case. We only take cases that we believe are meritorious and have a strong likelihood of success at trial.
- How much compensation do you receive?
- We receive no legal fees, unless we are successful. We do not get paid unless your case is a success. If we are successful on your case, our fee is governed by New York State Law and is generally one third of the total compensation received. Our fee arrangement may vary depending on whether you decide to finance the costs of the case, or the case involves a medical malpractice matter. Our fee and financial incentives are aligned with and predicated on the success of your case. Generally, if we lose your case, we do not receive any legal fees on your matter.
- What fees will I be charged?
- You will be responsible for the costs incurred in handling your case. Some typical costs include court fees, examination before trial transcripts, expert fees, service of process, etc. We give every client a complete breakdown of every cost incurred on their file at the conclusion of their case. These amounts are normally taken off of the total recovery before you receive your distribution on the case.
- How long will the process take?
- It is impossible to predict exactly how long a case will take before we have evaluated it. Generally, if a case goes to trial, it can take between three to five years. Other cases may reach a settlement in under a year. Some cases can take longer. It really depends on when the note of issue is filed, and how long the court takes to schedule a case for a jury trial. The wait varies from County to County, and can add several years to the resolution of your case depending on the location of the case. We prepare all of our cases as if they are going to trial, even if they eventually settle.