Master of Science in Accounting
California Baptist University s online Masters of Science in Accounting degree program will prepare candidates to advance professionally as effective, innovative and ethical financial leaders. The online Master of Science in Accounting degree program provides students with the additional educational requirements beyond the undergraduate degree which are necessary to become licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of California. Applicants in other states can check licensure requirements in their respective states by visiting http://nasba.org .
The purpose of the online Master of Science in Accounting degree program is to develop highly skilled and practical business leaders who are committed to making profitable and ethical contributions to the organizations in which they serve. Contemporary issues in Auditing and Assurance, Taxation, Business Law, Financial Accounting and Business Ethics and Responsibilities for CPAs will be explored. Graduates will emerge from the program with the practical knowledge and critical-thinking skills to enhance their organization and advance their career.
CBU Online s Master of Science in Accounting degree is designed for those who strive for additional professional development in accounting and accounting-related business topics and to be an expert in their profession. The online Masters of Science in Accounting degree program is ideal for those who are led to teach at a higher education institution.
The Division of Online and Professional Studies is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP ). As part of the on-going accreditation process, regular reports are submitted which identify, among other things, our plan for assessing student learning, faculty qualifications, and the deployment of faculty resources. You may download a copy of our Standard 4 student learning outcomes for degree programs, and Standard 6 rates for graduation, retention, and job placement results here.
Consistent with the University student outcomes, upon completion of the Master of Science in Accounting degree, graduates will be able to:
- Effectively present information orally and in writing.
- Apply appropriate assurance techniques.
- Provide management with relevant operational information to make effective business decisions.
- Perform tax research and calculations related to business entities.
- Prepare financial information in accordance with the appropriate authoritative literature.
- Prepare and evaluate financial transactions and performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical and legal systems as they relate to the accounting profession.
- Design accounting information systems solutions given the regulatory environment of business.
- Apply ethical principles and moral reasoning to decision making and organizational management.
- Solve critical business problems using quantitative business analysis techniques.
Prerequisites (completed with a “C” or better): Applicants should possess the following common body of knowledge from either (1) prerequisite coursework, (2) acceptable scores on pre-approved academic leveling exams, or (3) approved work related experience in: Business Law, Business and Organizational Management, Microeconomics or Macroeconomics, Principles of Accounting I, Principles of Marketing, Statistics and Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. The completion of a minimum of the following four (4) upper division accounting courses (or equivalent) is required: ACC 310 Intermediate Accounting I, ACC 311 Intermediate Accounting II, ACC 430 Federal Income Tax Accounting and ACC 470 Auditing.
Business Courses (9 units)
Organization Behavior Leadership
This serves as an admissions process general guide, may vary based on transfer units, test scores, etc. See your admissions counselor for your personal enrollment plan.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Live your purpose. Follow your passion. CBU Online is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Earning your degree at CBU Online is a short term investment with long term dividends.
- A cost effective education with financial aid options
- Apply for aid by completing the FAFSA, work individually with caring staff to explore financing options to complete your education
- Grants, Scholarships, Veteran s Benefits, Employer Tuition Assistance, Student Loans and Financing Plans available for those who qualify
- Yellow Ribbon Military Friendly School
Find and secure the resources you need to finance your educational investment. CBU Online works hard to provide an affordable and valuable education. We can help you identify, understand, and seek qualification for a variety of financing and financial aid options.
The first step is to fill-out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
CBU s FAFSA School Code: 001125
Click here for more Information about Financial Aid at CBU Online