WHAT DO I DO WITH AN IN SCHOOL DEFERMENT?
In most cases, you will not need to submit an In-School Deferment request form. Enrollment information is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse multiple times during a semester. This information is available for you and your lender through the National Student Clearinghouse.
To see if you need to submit an In School Deferment request form, check your Student Loan Deferment Notifications. For directions see Where can I obtain my enrollment verification?
If you see your information, you do not need to submit an In-School Deferment request form.
Only submit an In-School Deferment request form, if:
- You are enrolled at least Half-Time for the semester (6+ hours for Undergraduate/5+ hours for Graudate).
- If you are not enrolled at least Half-Time we cannot process an In-School Deferment form for you.
- It is the 2nd week of school, and there is no enrollment information on the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- You are in default.
- Your lender is not listed in your Student Loan Deferment Notifications, (This can be found on the National Student Clearinghouse website accessible through your MyMav Student Center).
You may submit your In-School Deferment form either in person at the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration or by fax/email. If you are submitting your In-School Deferment by fax/email please make sure you have complete and signed your portion of the form first. All forms by fax/email must be accompanied by a copy of either your government issued photo ID or your UTA photo ID.
WHAT DO I DO IF I AM A UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS ONLINE CONSORTIUM (FORMERLY TELECAMPUS) STUDENT?
If your information is showing correctly in National Student Clearinghouse and your lenders need to be updated, please have your lender contact National Student Clearinghouse directly.
Please remember that you must have registered for the course(s) via the TIS System (submitted a registration request on the TIS system and it was approved by your advisor and the Registrar’s Office) in order for the course to count towards your enrollment status.
If you are a UT Arlington Host student, please contact the Registrar s Office at your Home Campus.
Authorizing Another Individual to Pick Up Your completed in-school deferment form?
For students having another individual pick up their completed In-School Deferment Form:
- Please download and print the Document Pickup Authorization Form below.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Attach a copy of your photo identification. (UT Arlington ID, driver license or, other government issued valid picture ID)
- Give the signed form to your authorized representative to bring with them when they come to pick up your In-School Deferment.
- The person picking up your In-School Deferment will also be asked to show photo identification.