Japan Travel Guide
Visit Japan to experience a land where cutting-edge modernity coexists with ancient tradition. Tokyo — Japan’s capital city — is one of the world’s premier technology hubs. With a population of more than 13 million people, the urban center is a spectacular, shimmering neon-lit metropolis, with a raucous nightlife, delicious food and a vibrant art, theater and music scene. But Japan travel shouldn’t end with Tokyo. The city of Kyoto is a cultural treasure, where one can watch geishas dance in traditional garb before stopping to reflect on the experience at a peaceful Zen rock garden.
Things Not to Miss in Japan
• Hiking in the Japan Alps, which boast breathtaking views
• Watching geishas perform traditional dances in Kyoto
• Singing Karaoke, a popular national pastime, in one of Tokyo’s countless bars
• Dining on fresh sashimi at one of Tokyo’s many world-class sushi restaurants, or chowing down on a steaming bowl of ramen at any one of the multitude of noodle bars that stud the city
• Going to a baseball game, a sport that is hugely popular in the country