I need an emergency loan. What is the process?
The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office offers short-term emergency loans to graduate and undergraduate students. These interest-free loans are designed to help students meet unanticipated expenses directly related to the cost of education.
Obtain a short-term emergency loan in three easy steps:
- Apply via MyFInAid (A $20 application fee will be charged to CARS)
- Sign Promissory Note
- Pick up check at Cal Student Central or funds will be disbursed to CARS
- A block may prevent your ability to obtain an emergency loan.
- An existing balance from previous emergency loan may prevent your ability to obtain a new emergency loan.
- You have 60 days to repay an emergency loan before late fees and blocks are placed on your account.
- Sign up for EFT to direct deposit funds. Emergency loans paid via EFT may take 3-5 business days to process.
Fall 2014: August 21-December 19