#used car value calculator
How to Calculate Your Used Car Value
Buyers and sellers alike have several tools to help determine the used car value of a vehicle they plan to buy or sell.
Calculate how much a car is worth here
Kelley Blue Book Online
The Kelley Blue Book is the recognized leader in determining used car values. The online site is very easy to use.
- Go to the Kelley website .
- Input the requested data: Year, Make and Model
- Enter your zip code
- Select which type of value you’re looking for: Trade, Retail, Private Party
- Select the correct trim
- Select the correct transmission, enter the mileage and specify which options it has
- Select the vehicle’s condition
- View the selected value
- Go to the Edmunds website
- Select the correct make of your car
- Select the correct year
- Select the correct model
- Select the option package: SX,LX,DX, etc.
- Select buy or sell, color, mileage, special options and overall condition
- Towards the bottom, click “Get pricing report”
- View results of your search
Check Local Dealerships
Local dealerships will tell you what they would give you as a trade-in value for your car if you were to buy a car from them. You won’t be able to find out what your car is worth in a private party sale this way, but you can figure about $1000 to $1200 more than the trade in value.