SWITCH YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT TO US AND GET 75
Just use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer and close your old account held elsewhere. We’re sorry but if you’ve had cashback for switching to us since January 2012, you won’t get it again.
Available on new and existing Ultimate Reward ( 15 monthly fee), Reward or existing Current Accounts only. Available on existing Current Accounts if opened before 3rd December 2016.
Choose from one of our current accounts below and start your switch today.
Free everyday banking
Our Reward Current Account is free and offers a 3 monthly reward each month when you pay in 750 or more and pay out two different direct debits and stay in credit.
Ultimate Reward Current Account
Travel insurance, mobile phone insurance, car breakdown cover and more 1 . It costs 15 a month, or 12 if you meet the lower monthly fee terms 2 .
Student Current Account
Our Student Current Account offers an interest-free planned overdraft for the length of your course plus an extra year after you graduate, up to a maximum of 6 years. (Overdrafts are repayable on demand and subject to status).
Start your switch today and get 75 within 7 working days.
Choose a new current account and switch
You ll get 75 when you switch.
Already have a current account?
You can still get 75. Just keep your Halifax current account and close your current account held elsewhere using the switching service.
Switching offer available on Reward Current Account, Ultimate Reward Current Account ( 15 monthly fee) and on existing Current Account opened before 3rd December 2016. Just use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer and close your old account held elsewhere. If you ve had cashback for switching to us since January 2012, we re sorry but you won’t get it again.
75 switching offer terms conditions
75 TO SWITCH USING THE CURRENT ACCOUNT SWITCH SERVICE.
Terms and conditions.
To qualify for the 75 switching offer ( the offer ) you must use the Current Account Switch Service and meet the following conditions:
- Use the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to switch into an open new or existing Reward Current Account, Ultimate Reward Current Account ( 15 monthly fee), or an existing Current Account if opened before 3rd December 2016.
- Use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank and close this account.
You are not eligible for the offer if:
- you are switching to a Basic Account, Youth Account or a Student Account;
- you have previously received any other offer or benefits for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012;
- you are a Bank of Scotland bank account customer switching to Halifax;
- the bank you are switching from does not participate in the Current Account Switch Service. To find out if your bank participates, visit the Payments Council website www.simplerworld.co.uk
What else do you need to know?
- The offer applies to applications received in branch, online (Ultimate Reward Current Account and Reward Current Account only) or by phone from from 1st August 2017. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
- The offer does not automatically guarantee an overdraft. Any application made for an overdraft will be subject to status. If your account has an overdraft you will not pay any daily overdraft fees for 6 months provided you stay within your planned overdraft limit; if you exceed your planned overdraft limit, then unplanned overdraft fees will still apply.
- After 6 months, or if you change your account, you will be charged daily overdraft fees applicable to the account you hold if you use your overdraft. Please see the Getting Started Guide applicable to your account for full details on overdraft fees. You will have been given a Getting Started Guide when you opened your account, but if you would like another one, please ask in branch or look at www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/rates-rewards-fees.
- If you do not meet the conditions of the offer we may claim back the 75. We will do this by debiting 75 from your account.
- Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment. If any joint account customer has already benefited from the offer in their sole name, no payment will be made for that joint account.
- The offer will be paid directly into your account by the time your switch has completed. The payment will appear as a cash credit.
- The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
Current Account Switch Guarantee
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information and FAQs, please read the Account Switching Guide (PDF).