#masters #in #gifted #education #online
The Fischler College of Education is no longer accepting new applicants for this program.
The master of science degree program in education with a specialization in gifted education prepares educators to guide gifted and advanced students to achieve their maximum potential. This specialization provides educators with the skills to create curriculum and instruct gifted students, with an emphasis on the development of their creativity. Course content is research based and infuses best practices in education.
- Completed admission application packet, including a $50 nonrefundable application fee made payable to Nova Southeastern University.
- Official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor’s degree by a regionally accredited institution (2.5 minimum cumulative grade-point average required).
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions.
Coursework for the gifted child education specialization is available online and at many of the NSU Campuses throughout the state of Florida. The online delivery option allows students to receive and submit coursework and interact with participants and professors via the Internet. The site-based delivery option allows students to take classes in the evenings or on weekends in locations near their homes. The distance delivery option allows busy professionals to complete their degrees without having to leave their jobs or travel long distances.
The applied professional experience is one of many practical applications included in the gifted education specialization. It is the final step in the completion of the program. Conducted in an appropriate educational setting, candidates will maintain reflective journals and create files of samples of their students work and the assessment instruments used to demonstrate achievement of the state professional and content standards. All applied professional experiences are accompanied by portfolios detailing the rationale, process, and evaluation of the project.
Faculty members for the master of science in education are scholars and educators from Nova Southeastern University and other major universities and institutions throughout the country. In addition many are also highly respected professional practitioners, who are carefully selected on the basis of their subject expertise, teaching abilities, and professional involvement. Most importantly, they are united in their desire to not only educate, but to inspire students to use what they learn to motivate others.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework;
- Successful completion of the Applied Professional Experience, including the portfolio, demonstrating competence with the Educator Accomplished Practices;
- Successful completion and passing of all testing and assessment requirements for specialization and program;
- Cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher;
- Completed application for degree.
Students are advised to contact their state department of education or an Enrollment Services Representative (Academic Advisor) to determine if this program is suitable for certification/licensure and their career goals.