Folder HelpDesk for Microsoft Outlook
Issue tracking and user support
based on Microsoft Outlook and Exchange
With Folder HelpDesk a workgroup can collaborate on tickets inside Outlook.
The application is installed in a shared mailbox or public folder, where you see rows of open tickets.
If you want to work with one of them, just click it and a ticket form will open.
The ticket form HTML part has various dropdown fields to categorize the ticket, and it can be customized. The ticket also has a free text field for a description of the incident and its solution.
There are several benefits of having the ticket system inside Outlook:
- It is very easy to convert e-mails into tickets. Do it manually, by clicking a button, or let all e-mails in a folder be automatically converted.
All formatting from the e-mail is kept, and attachments and images are transferred to the ticket.
Information about the sender of the e-mail is also entered into the ticket, like e-mail address, name and telephone number.
- The ticket is a standard Outlook post item, so you can use all the Outlook features for example spell checki the ticket text, insert attachments and images in the ticket and use a reading pane in the ticket list.
- You may send e-mails from Folder HelpDesk. We supply templates for several kinds of automatic e-mails, for example when a ticket is created or a case is closed, and you can also send e-mail answers and messages manually from inside the ticket.
In short, Folder HelpDesk gives you a user friendly and efficient Outlook-based solution for helpdesk, customer support and issue tracking. With Folder HelpDesk you will never more be overwhelmed by requests!
Closed tickets are stored in a database, so the number of tickets in Outlook is normally small. The open tickets are stored both in the database and in Outlook, and that way all tickets can be analyzed in the Folder HelpDesk statistics.
- May be installed in any Outlook folder ‒ public, shared or private.
- Mailbox monitoring – manual or automatic conversion of incoming e-mails into helpdesk tickets, complete with rich text, screenshots and attached files. FAQ
- FAQ answers are easily created and added.
- Ticket retrieval from an online form. manually or automatically.
- Ticket history ‒ e-mail threading for both manual and automatic conversion. FAQ
- Use Folder HelpDesk with KBase– tickets are easily converted into articles for sharing in Outlook or on a website or intranet. KBase is free for Folder HelpDesk Medium and Premium subscribers.
- Ticket list with different views. group by one of the ticket parameters or have colorful overviews in the kanban board, month or pie chart views.
- Automatic e-mail notifications. Blog post
- Create Tickets also from Outlook Tasks and Appointments.
- Call directly from the ticket via a desktop calling application like Skype.
- Follow up performance with Excel reports. Blog post