Current Financial Aid News:
- NOTICE. IRS Data Retrieval Tool is down at this time and we do not know when it will be working again. If you are selected for verification, please go to www.irs.gov to request the Tax Return Transcript.
The FAFSA is also available for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available to use right away because you will be using your 2015 tax data. Check out our Application Process page for complete information on the aid application process!
- 16-17 Money Matters Presentation . Financial Aid and Billing information.
- The UWRF Scholarship Application is now available. Application deadlines vary, and are listed in the application site. You can review and apply to all available scholarships by logging into the following UWRF Scholarship Application.
- IMPORTANT for students and families: You should ONLY use www.fafsa.gov when applying for financial aid.
Be aware that you may receive information from other organizations including one called Student Financial Resource Center (SFRC). These organizations are not affiliated with the university and do not have our permission nor our endorsement to contact you. Remember, you NEVER need to pay anything to apply for financial aid. Always contact our office directly if you have any questions regarding anything you receive by mail or email.
- Have you received an Outside Scholarship? Federal regulations require financial aid offices to include all outside funding in student aid awards. Utilize the Outside Resource Notification Form to promptly notify us of any outside resources you receive.
- Submitting IRS tax information to UW-River Falls for your 2016-17 financial aid:
If you received a Verification Missing Information Email, visit our Submit Verification Documents page to view instructions on submitting your IRS tax information to UW-River Falls.
- Journey through Financial Aid : An introduction to understanding and obtaining financial aid, for prospective college and university students.