#buying a used car
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Frequently Asked Questions provide answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our program and our website. Click on a link below to view the answer to that question. Links throughout the answers will guide you to next steps on our website. If you can t find what you re looking for please contact us at 1-888-674-3309
What is Hertz Rent2Buy®?
It is an innovative program launched by Hertz Car Sales with the purpose of selling high-quality, active rental cars online at very competitive prices. Hertz Rent2Buy® provides customers with the opportunity to test the vehicle for 3 full days by renting it at a low special rate, which will be waived if the car is purchased.
Hertz Rent2Buy® is not a “Rent to Own” program.
With Rent2Buy, Hertz has focused on making the used car buying experience simpler. We have eliminated the middleman so you are protected from the haggle process. By reducing these costs, Rent2Buy has been able to transfer savings to the customer and offer high-quality, well-equipped used cars at great prices; often times well under Kelley’s Blue Book Suggested Retail Value. Furthermore, Hertz believes that peace of mind should come at no extra cost. That’s why every car sold through Rent2Buy to retail customers is backed with a 12 month/12,000 miles comprehensive limited warranty.
- Wide variety of high quality used cars
- Financing solutions for almost every budget
- Vehicles which have between 12,000 and 50,000 miles and are generally still under Original Factory Warranty
- Peace of mind, Hertz Rent2Buy® backs every car with a 12 month/12,000 miles Limited Warranty
- 2 Hour Complimentary Test-Rental
- Vehicle Protection Plans offered with coverage options of up to 7 years or 100,000 miles
What are the steps in the Buying Process?
Hertz Rent2Buy® streamlined the buying process and took the hassle out of buying a used car, plus added peace of mind to the formula.
- Reserve your car online for a 3-day Test-Rental, at a special daily rate of $49 1 .
- You’ll receive an email confirming your rental and providing the exact pick-up address.
- An agent from the Rent2Buy team will contact you to inform the car is ready.
- Pick up your car at the designated Hertz location and don’t just take it for a test-drive around the block, instead kick the tires and feel the ownership for 3 full days.
- If you decide to purchase the car, login to your account and click Purchase Car. Our sales processing team will get in contact with you to explain the sales process and help present our financing options.
- You can also contact us at 1-888-674-3309 at any time with any questions you may have.
- If you decide not to purchase the car, there are no strings attached, simply return it to Hertz and pay for the rental charges.
How do I start my search?
Searching for a car on Hertz Rent2Buy® is easy. Choose one of four tabs below the yellow header on the homepage: Model Price, Make, Body Type or Efficiency. Each tab will open a search section that represents the criteria you have chosen to look for in a car. Our website automatically recognizes your geographic location; however, sometimes internet service provider networks may provide inaccurate location results. If your location is wrong, please change it in the upper right hand corner of the page to get search results that are local and relevant to you.
Is the mileage of the car displayed exact?
Information on the site is constantly being updated. The mileage listed is the most recent update since the last rental. However, if a vehicle is out on rental the mileage posted is the latest mileage recorded at the time of the prior return.
Do you offer financing?
Hertz offers competitive financing options. Hertz Rent2Buy® works hard to make your car buying experience as effortless as possible. To facilitate your purchase, Hertz has partnered with several financial institutions to offer customers competitive financing options for almost every budget. You will be provided the option to complete an online credit application once you have picked up your vehicle and clicked the Purchase Car link. Hertz Rent2Buy® financing specialists are available to guide you through the process.
Can I see the car prior to making a reservation?
Since these are active rental vehicles, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the car will be available for you to check prior to making a reservation. Placing a reservation ensures that the car will be pulled from the fleet, prepared and made available for you. The reservation is an appointment you set to check the vehicle you are interested in. Upon arrival at the location please proceed to the counter and identify your self as a Rent2Buy customer. The Counter Service Representative will walk you to your vehicle. Please check out the car before you sign the rental agreement. If the vehicle does not meet your expectations, there is no need to open the rental agreement
What if I can’t find the car I want in my state?
Currently we sell cars in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts,Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania,South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington. In order to participate in the Hertz Rent2Buy®, you must reside in one of these states, or you are required to take delivery of the vehicle and complete the purchase in one of these states. If you do not live in one of these states, we apologize for the temporary inconvenience; a dedicated team is working diligently to open operations in new states.