#cheap #car #insurance #el #paso #tx
El Paso Car Insurance
If you live in El Paso, TX and a are looking for affordable El Paso car insurance coverage you may be finding it difficult. In 2005, Texas was ranked number 21 for state’s with the highest average auto insurance rates.
At this time, Texas residents paid, on average, around $945 annually for car insurance coverage. While this may not sound like good news to those looking for a cheap El Paso car insurance policy, don’t give up too quickly. There are ways that you can save money and still get the coverage you need.
One great way to save on El Paso, TX car insurance is by shopping around. Use our free El Paso car insurance finder to compare quotes now!
El Paso, TX Auto Insurance State Requirements
Since auto insurance is regulated on a state level, each state has its own laws regarding auto insurance coverage.
The state minimum auto insurance requirements for Texas are as follows:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability
Since the state of Texas is a tort state for auto insurance, whenever there is an automobile accident, someone must be found to be at fault. The at fault driver is then responsible for the damages incurred in the car accident.
This is why having bodily injury and property damage liability is so important. Bodily injury liability will cover the medical expenses of the other driver and his/her passengers in an accident where you are at fault, whereas property damage liability will cover damages to the other driver’s car and property.
Keep in mind that the required amounts of auto insurance are the minimum amounts you must have. This coverage does not pay for your own medical expenses or damages to your vehicle.
Additional El Paso Car Insurance Coverage Options
Other auto insurance coverage that you may want to consider adding to your policy includes:
- Personal Injury Protection: This will pay for you and your passenger’s medical expenses.
- Collision Coverage. This will cover damages to your vehicle caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This will cover damages to your vehicle that are non accident related.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage: This is designed to provide coverage if you are in an accident and the “at fault” driver does not have insurance or the right amount of insurance.
If your car is being financed, it is likely that your lender may require you to have comprehensive and collision coverage.
Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association (TAIPA)
If you are considered to be a high risk driver, usually due to a person’s driving record, you may have trouble qualifying for auto insurance coverage. The Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association may be able to help you get the TX car insurance coverage you need.
To be eligible for auto insurance coverage with the TAIPA you must:
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be a TX resident or have a vehicle registered in TX
- You must have been rejected coverage by at least two auto insurance companies within the past 60 days.
If you have been denied auto insurance coverage in El Paso, TX remember that you are still required to have auto insurance. Check with the TAIPA to see if you are eligible for auto insurance coverage through them.
Penalties For Not Having El Paso Car Insurance
If you are caught driving without insurance in Texas, there are penalties that you may face. For a first offense, you can face of fine of $175 – $350. If caught multiple times, the fine increases substantially.
Lowering Your El Paso Auto Insurance Rates
If you are paying too much for your El Paso car insurance policy, here are some tips for lowering your El Paso, Texas car insurance rates.
- Increase Your Deductible: Having a higher deductible will lower your auto insurance premiums.
- Raise Your Credit Score: Having a low credit score can mean higher auto insurance rates, so raising your credit score can help you save money on your car insurance coverage.
- Look For Discounts: There are many discounts available to car insurance consumers. Some common discounts include safe driver, low mileage, good student, military, senior, and safe car.
- Bundle Insurance Policies: Purchasing your car insurance and homeowners insurance through the same company can save you money on car insurance.
- Shop Around And Compare: Shop around and compare rates before buying to find the lowest prices on auto insurance.
Compare El Paso Car Insurance Rates Now!
Texas auto insurance companies are free to decide what they will charge you for auto insurance, and all auto insurance companies have different ways of determining their rates. This is why shopping around is the only way to make sure you are getting the best deal on your El Paso car insurance.
Use our free El Paso car insurance quote finder to find the affordable car insurance policy you need today!