Earn a Degree in Multimedia and Graphic Design or Video
If you’re a creative and want to learn to become a professional, earning a living while doing what you love, we have a program just for you.
Red Rocks Community College’s Multimedia Department (MGD) presents a range of certificates and degrees in Graphic Design, Photography, Video Productions and Journalism. Our program provide cutting edge learning outcome and opportunities for students in pursue of their creative careers. Our faculty is devoted to providing better experiences to fit your needs. We strive to help students find their creative talents, and open their minds to a beautiful world of design processes and applications. Whether you plan to work for a business, improve your person or professional skills, or launch into industry as an entrepreneur, MGD wants you to feel confident and ready to succeed.
Now is the time to pursue your dreams!
The mission of the Multimedia Graphic Design department at Red Rocks Community College is to provide students with relevant and real world training in media and design production experience through use of current technical, creative, and software trends to prepare students entering the commercial arts workforce.
Why MGD at Red Rocks Community College?
- Cost – By completing all or part of your journalism education at RRCC you avoid starting your career with a crushing amount of debt. For what you might pay for a semester at a major university you can nearly obtain a degree at RRCC.
- Timeliness – Because our program is small we are able to adapt quickly to ongoing developments in the profession. While major universities may take years to create or alter course curricula, we are able to integrate Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other media components into courses as appropriate.
- Personal attention – At RCCC our staff of instructors with real world experience in their fields offers personal attention to each student to help with planning and success in their education. Our class sizes are small unlike large universities that offer classes with hundreds of students.
- Equipment – Our computer labs, video and photo gear are state of the art and allow students to pursue their education using equipment that is used in the industry. This makes them competitive from the day they graduate.
Career Paths / Multimedia Graphic Design and Video Production Program
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Desktop Publishing
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Artist
- Video Editor
- Printing and Prepress Operator
- Package Designer
- Interactive Writer
- Sound Producer
- Web Content Producer
- CD-ROM Developer/Software Developer
- Interface Designer
- Video Producer
- Web Developer
Degrees and Certificates in Multimedia Graphic Design
- Digital Media Journalism AAS Degree
- Graphic Design Print Production AAS Degree
- Video Production AAS Degree
- Camera Operator Certificate
- Graphic Design and Print Production Certificate
- Introduction to Graphic Design Certificate
- Introduction to New Media Certificate
- New Media Journalist Certificate
- Video Production Technician Certificate
Gainful Employment Information
The US Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.” The information provided here is the best available to us but represents one year’s data only. However, we hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices.