The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC
The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC is a law firm located in Sacramento, California that focuses on family law and personal injury matters. In our endeavor to serve the public and the need of many for affordable access to the legal system, we offer a free consultation to all new clients.
Family law (also called matrimonial law) is an area of the law that deals with family matters and domestic relations, including:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Divorce, Military divorce and annulment
- Child custody, visitation, child abuse and child abduction
- Property settlements and dividing community property
- Spousal support (alimony) and child support
- Juvenile adjudication
- Paternity testing and paternity fraud;
- Guardianship and grandparents visitation rights
- Domestic violence and protective orders
- Estate planning and probate
Also known as dissolution of marriage, is the termination of a marriage or marital union, the canceling or reorganizing of the legal duties and responsibilities of marriage, thus dissolving the bonds of matrimony between a married couple under the rule of law of the particular country or state. This includes:
- Petitioning for divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Establishing or modifying child custody and visitation
- Establishing or modifying child support
- Obtaining temporary and filing for permanent spousal support
- Identifying marital assets and dividing all community assets and debts
- Joining for division retirement and pension plans including CalPERS and CalSTRS.
While military divorces are no more complicated than civilian divorces, there are special rules and requirements that apply to U.S. service members and their spouses when they divorce. We address any matter that may affect your military divorce, including:
- Jurisdiction for filing
- Service of Process on your spouse
- Residency and Filing Requirements
- Spousal and Child Support
- Division of Military Pensions and Benefits (Thrift Savings Plans, FERS accounts, and Tricare medical benefits)
Establishing and modifying child custody orders; filing for sole custody, joint custody, physical custody, legal custody, visitation and move-away orders. Attorney Edward Misleh has practiced and addressed child custody in juvenile court, family court, and probate court.
Establishing grandparents visitation with grandchildren; guardianship petitions for a child, parent or spouse; conservatorship for an adult and to administer another party s estate. Guardians can be appointed in either a juvenile, family or probate court. Attorney Edward Misleh has practiced in all of these courts.
Child support is often addressed and awarded in a divorce action. Child support can also be ordered in a parenting action filed by a parent who is not married to the other parent. Child support can not only be established but modified and terminated.
Divorcing couples often must address spousal support which is also known as alimony. Spousal support can be awarded to the supported spouse as either temporary or permanent spousal support. There will be times that spousal support can be modified and terminated.
Property acquired during the marriage by spouses is presumed to be community property. However, there are many other issues that may need to be addressed when the parties divide community property. This includes severing a joint title, identifying separate property contributions, reimbursements to the community, property acquired as a business assets, and marriage debts.
Our office can draft you a will and/or a trust instrument which will eliminate the need for probate. We also handle matters that may be filed in probate court for intestacy actions.
Those who suffer from abuse can file for either a Domestic Violence Restraining Orders or a Civil Harassment Restraining Order. The protective order you will seek depends on whether or not you have a close relationship with the abuser. Criminal protective orders are generally ordered by a court pending a criminal complaint.
No upfront fees and we do not get paid until your case settles. The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC is honored to have, as part of their team, a former insurance claim adjuster with over 30 years of experience who will be primary in handling your claim. We will handle your claim for bodily harm at no charge. We do not get paid until your case is settled. Call our office to make an appointment should you be involved in an auto accident, vehicle mishap, slip and fall injury, accidental injury, or be hurt due to a property owner s negligence.
CALL NOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
This disclaimer provides that any information provided on this website is strictly informational and should not be interpreted or considered as legal advice. If you have a legal concern, you should contact our office to speak with a licensed California Attorney. Delaying to contact an attorney could result in harm to your interests.
Copyright 2017 The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC