Anne Russell, Ph.D.
Adjunct Instructor of Graduate Nursing Programs
Dr. Anne Russell joined the School of Nursing as a Graduate Adjunct Instructor beginning fall semester 2016. Dr. Russell is currently a full-time Associate Professor of Nursing at Wright State University and is the Director of the Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program. She has taught at Wright State College of Nursing and Health since 2008. Prior to teaching at Wright State, Dr. Russell was a Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, and a Trauma Clinical Nurse Specialist in the Level 1 Trauma Program at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. The majority of her clinical experience is with adults in direct care and supervision, and she worked in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Nursing, Kent State University
- M.S.N. University of Pennsylvania
- B.S.N. Xavier University
- Diploma in Nursing, Community Hospital School of Nursing
- Spending time with my family
- Growing in spiritual discipline
- I loved spending time with my rescued Golden Retrievers, Elliott and Sable, I lost both of them this year. Working towards rescuing another Golden soon.
- I love sports, college football and basketball (Buckeye fan), Cincinnati Reds, and watching my nephews on the football and track teams at Centerville High School and now as they begin their freshman year at Ohio University
- Why I’m at Cedarville: My niece and her husband graduated from the nursing program at Cedarville six years ago, which is when I first spent time on campus. It was freeing to be on a campus that celebrated the Gospel and that was rooted in the Word of God. I met some of the faculty in the School of Nursing during that time and at regional conferences. I believe God has led me to Cedarville to share my passion for nursing and the Lord with the students and to be surrounded by other Christians who will encourage me in my spiritual development.