Cloud Telephony, hosted PBX. they’re one and the same thing! So let’s explain how it works
What is a cloud telephone/hosted PBX?
A Cloud Telephone System, also referred to as Voice over Internet Protocol “VoIP” phone system, Hosted PBX, Hosted VoIP or VoIP System is a phone system where business data and software applications are stored virtually in the cloud, and calls are made and received using internet or mobile technology.
A Cloud/hosted PBX phone systems allow you to handle calls from any internet enabled device laptops, PCs, mobiles, tablets; and IP phones. They replace the need for traditional PBX phone systems and because the technology lives “in the cloud”, give a user the flexibility to access calls from anywhere at any time.
Cloud Voice and Cloud Contact Centre are both “Cloud/hosted PBX” phone systems solutions. Click here to go to Cloud Voice.
- No on-premises wiring is required so it’s easy and fast to deploy and expand as your business grows
- System use, calls and any handsets are rented for a fixed monthly contract – so there’s no major capital expense, making it affordable for any size and age of business.
- Easy on-site installation and programming removes need for expensive engineer callouts because everything can be done by an office manager without technical experience.
- In a few mouse clicks, every employee can set up and manage their office phone; so there’s less reliance on your IT team.
- Upgrades to the phone system software are automatic and come as standard to every customer, without any additional charges.
- Employees can access their number from any location – office, home, on business travel without need for any advance planned programming.
Features of a cloud/hosted PBX phone system
VoIP/hosted PBX phone systems come with many advanced features not typically available in a traditional on-premise PBX phone system. Cloud Voice, our own hosted PBX product provides the following:
- Virtual administration portal – allowing users and system administrators to make any programming changes themselves.
- Softphone – enabling a user to handle phone calls directly from any internet enabled device.
- Instant Message – allowing co-workers to ping quick, discreet on-screen messages to each other when they need fast decisions or answers to business queries.
- HD Video calling – do more face-to-face meetings and calls virtually.
- Auto-attendant – a virtual receptionist giving the ability to set a welcome greeting for when you can’t answer your phone.
- Simultaneous Ring – set your phone to ring across multiple devices at the same time and never miss a call again.
- Automatic Call Recording – particularly useful for customer service teams and businesses regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Voicemail – easy set up and access from any device and location.
- Advanced Call Activity Reporting – useful for business owners and managers of call centre teams.