This is a quick post about the CRS-2632 error in 11gR2 RAC.
The recommended GNS (Grid Naming Service) which is a new optional feature in 11gR2 and significantly simplifies the network administration for your cluster, is not used in my configuration. I used the configuration of the IPs in the /etc/hosts file. In my case, The cause of the error is the SCAN. The SCAN listener is using DNS to find the host IP address, not the /etc/hosts file.
To solve the problem, you can change the entry in the /etc/nsswitch.conf from:
hosts: files dns
hosts: files [NOTFOUND=return]
This solution can be applied only if your are in Linux systems
See the solution below:
Reference: MOS ID: 889845.1
One Comment to 11gR2 RAC CRS-2632 Error
Ash Slaughter says:
This looks like exactly what I need! except I m on AIX.
Any tips for my situation?
Leave a Comment
Oracle Class Tweets
- T Robinson. In regard to the comment In our case, RMAN didn’t found anything corrupted. Please notice.
- iftikhar. if we backup in multiple backupsets and will be command for restoring for more than one backupsets ,
- Abey. Very helpful article.Thanks a lot. Can we follow this on oracle DG enabled deployment also?
- Mauricio Daher. Need help configuring SBT for cloud backups. Does not seem to work for 12c. Thanks! RMAN .
- Leszek K. *.db_create_file_dest= + DATA create database command why do you use full datafile.
- Prabhakar Kumar. Thanks buddy. It really helps to DBAs who are novice to 12c ASM feature.
- Wubeshet. I am getting the ORA-07445 This morning on the trace file. The following is the symptom of the problem. It.
- Lakshmi N. Hi Thanks for the post. Just curious, is there a way to restore to a point wher my db is in no archive.
- Shivakkumar P. This is really very good article. Iam learning Oracle 12c I used this to replicate testing from.
- Uday. Hi Wissem, Once we apply the level 1 incremental backup to datafile copy it is no longed required. My question.
- avnish. Can I set up active duplicate database in 11g standard edition (22.214.171.124)
- Jaya V. hi, am having rman backup. i need to restore on it, from test instance. But the test instance name not same.
- Jaya. hi, am having rman backup. i need to restore on it, from test instance. But the test instance name not same.
- wissem. SQL Developer 4.0
- oracleman consulting. great info thanks for sharing
- Mike. Very nice article. Thanks for sharing!!
- yathish. I really appreciate if you can send me, if you have tutorial for 11g (126.96.36.199) RAC ASM (prefer to be.
- Farrukh Kamal. Fahad, I m interesting in pursuing remote employment with Pythian. What tips would you suggest.
- pavankumar. for the error it need to set env correctly http://orcl11gdba.blogspot.in/ 2014/08/asmcmd-08102-no-con.
- wissem. Post result off; crsctl check has crsctl check crs
Oracle-Class Forums Latest Activity
Copyright Oracle Class Wissem All About Oracle is proudly powered by -Me-
Wissem EL KHLIFI